Being a part of Gallatin County 4-H opens a variety of activities for youth in their future.  Scholarships provide opportunities for youth to achieve goals and attend higher education.


Applications for scholarships should be mailed or dropped off at the Gallatin Extension Office on or before April 1.  

Frank & Vera Doney Scholarship


The Frank and Vera Doney Scholarship was established in December 2005. Eligible applicants must be a senior, enrolled in Gallatin County 4-H during the current year, and plan to study an agriculturally related major in higher education (including equine science and vet medicine). This scholarship is made possible through a generous donation by Ellis and Bette Doney, Robert and Kathy Doney, and Arleene Doney Weppler in memory of Frank and Vera Doney. Funds will be awarded after applicant provides proof of enrollment in higher education.

Ellis and Bette Doney                Robert and Kathy Doney                           Arleene Doney Weppler
PO Box 92                                836 15th Street                                       284 Rapelje Rd.
Lavina, MT 59046                     Havre, MT 59501                                     Columbus, MT 59019

Complete Application Form

Gallatin 4-H Foundation Scholarship


The Gallatin 4-H Foundation Scholarship was established in 2016.  Eligible applicants must be high school senior who participated in 4-H all through high school (4 years).  Be a 4-H club member for 4 year in high school and turn in a completed record book with application form.  Funds will be awarded after applicant has completed 1st semester of higher education and is enrolled for 2nd semester (proof of enrollment required). Complete Application Form and a record book.




Not only does Gallatin County provide scholarships for local youth, Montana 4-H Foundation provide scholarships for youth across Montana.  To view scholarships available, please visit their website.  (deadline is April 1) 


If you are interested in providing a scholarship to Gallatin 4-H youth, please contact the Extension Office to set up this opportunity.  It can be a one year opportunity or established for years to come!